Ever been into a call center? Say just stepped in the premises? No?
In case you have, you would know how they work. Serving a call nearly every minute, life in a call center never stops. The answer to almost thousands of calls every day with thousands waiting in line and if you ask me, it is impossible for someone as humane as us to map the pace. This is where the concept of virtual call center software comes in.
What is a Virtual Call Center?
A virtual call center is similar to that of the call center with the difference being in the location of the employee. Here, customer agents or say the support staff works remotely at their own convenience without having the need to be present on site.
It could be a third party location, a place within office premises other than their work desk or maybe their home that they prefer to set up calls. With a virtual phone number, customers can easily reach out to the customer support agents in a matter of seconds. Often teams that work from distant locations employ such software to remain cohesive.
As the call center software is independent of the location, it is pretty obvious that it deploys the cloud-based telephony. Primarily, a hosted VoIP solution is one that drives remote connectivity over the software. All that an agent needs is strong and robust internet connectivity to access the internet-based software and they can get started and active in a click.
Using the software, one can automate the manner in which calls are routed and exchanged between agents. It eliminates the need to be at a particular location giving agents the ease to work as per their own convenience and it is not just this. There are additional benefits of using a virtual call center software.
- It doesn’t pose any geographical limitations. Neither on the agent nor on the customers. Anybody can connect over a call with an agent remotely.
- Designed to offer real-time support and collaboration to the customers increasing business value.
- Since it uses a virtual phone number to place calls over the internet protocol, the cost of calling is less. Also, the fact that agents can work remotely and use their own device to communicate, there is no upfront cost, further optimizing the solution.
- Integrates third-party tools to infuse all customer data under a single platform.
- Record calls for future reference and even monitor them to determine what works best in terms of conversion.
Looks pretty fascinating, right? But, do you know how do these software work? Let us explain.
Working of a Call Center Software
It is a trend these days to work from remote locations, let alone from their homes. As more and more agents switch to this, it becomes imperative for organizations to adopt solutions that attune their services to support the above culture. This is where we move to the integration of call center software.
As stated above, such a solution tends to eliminate the need for a dedicated work environment or hardware. Employees or agents can remotely connect with the platform and get started with answering calls. To host such a solution, one must have a steady internet connection with a virtual call center software.
The virtual software is embedded with a voice over internet protocol technology that utilizes internet connectivity to make calls on and off borders.
The Overall Working of a virtual call center is as follows:
- As soon as a call is placed, the system scans its database to find all of the information stored about that user. In case, there isn’t any, a new record is created and stored.
- If there already exists information, the same is shared with the customer service agent to educate him/her on the history of the caller.
- An IVR system is employed to gather information and queue the call to the right agent who is now having all the database of the customer.
- Depending on the issue, the agent would guide the customer either via a message or an email. If required, one can connect the call to a supervisor.
- If the issue remains unsolved, the entire conservation is recorded for future reference.
- Based on the final answer of the customer, the ticket is then closed.
- Finally, a feedback form is shared with the customer to know more about their interaction and use it to refine the service in the future.
For organizations that have a vast consumer reach and connect with them on a daily basis, VCC happens to be the best solution. Instead of hiring dedicated agents and software, they can simply outsource their job to VCC agents. They will track the call, address issues and communicate the same to the ideal department in the organization. It saves an enormous amount of time optimizing the workforce.