Signal is earning praises from big names around the world and netizens are wondering why. So far, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, American whistleblower Edward Snowden, security experts Matt Green and Bruce Schneier, and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey have recommended using Signal for the safety it provides. Are Signal’s features almost like WhatsApp’s?
Does Signal have a Desktop app? Read on to understand the answers to those questions.
Does Signal have a Desktop app like WhatsApp web? are you able to use Signal on the computer?
Though Signal was founded in 2014, Signal’s desktop app only recently came into existence. If you’re on a Mac or Windows PC, here’s how you’ll found out Signal on your desktop.
1. to urge started, you’ll get to have a significant account on your Android or iPhone. All you’ve got to try to do is register your telephone number by verifying it to require your account live.
2. Attend signal.org. you will see the choice of Signal for Desktop where you extra have the choice between Windows and Mac. Click on Download.
3. Open Signal Desktop. On Windows, you want to simply follow prompts from the install link.
4. For Mac users, move Signal to the Applications folder. All you’ve got to try to do is look for Applications on Spotlight and move the Signal file into that directory.
5. Upon opening Signal, you will see a QR code which will need to be linked together with your mobile app.
6. Open the Signal app > Tap on Settings > Choose Linked Devices > Scan QR Code
7. Finally, point your phone camera towards the QR code on your desktop. You’ve Successfully logged in.
Is the Desktop app safe?
Though Signal has proved time and again that its great strength is its security, it’s valid to feel that a desktop app can’t be as safe because it proclaims to be. Here’s what CEO Moxie Marlinspike had to mention about this. “There’s an identity key in Signal. once you link or approve a desktop install, that gets moved to the desktop. all of your clients have access thereto, which allows for your identity or fingerprint to be an equivalent .”
Read More About: How To Setup A VPN in MAC