Here you can learn how to restore a disabled iPhone without iTunes through iCloud or third-party iPhone data recovery software. Try it to unlock your iPhone without losing data.
Can you Restore or Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes?
iPhone can be disabled or unlocked for various reasons. For example, when you break the screen or forget the access code, you will receive the error message “iPhone disabled, connecting it to iTunes”. Given this issue, you need to restore or reset your device with iTunes to reuse it. However, it will cost all of your data if you don’t have a backup file available in iTunes. Therefore, on this page, we would like to introduce you to how to restore or fix your disabled iPhone while keeping all your data even without iTunes backup.
Reset or Unlock Disabled iPhone via iCloud
When your iPhone is disabled due to forgetting the iPhone password or breaking the screen, you need to connect your iPhone to a computer, then use iTunes to unlock the iPhone. But generally, it requires you to reset your iPhone to factory settings, so you can remove the password and access your device again. This action will erase all your data on your iPhone.
It could be a problem if you have never taken proper steps to backup your iPhone with iTunes. Fortunately, you can try to restore the disabled iPhone from the iCloud backup if you have synced with iCloud and configured the backup. It is the most efficient and easiest way to fix a disabled iPhone without iTunes backup. Here is the detailed guide about iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
- From another device, go to icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click All Devices at the top of the browser.
- Select the device you want to delete.
- Click Erase [device] to erase the password and unlock the disabled iPhone without iTunes.
- You can now restore from a backup.
Restore Disabled iPhone Data with Dr.Fone – iOS Unlock iPhone Recovery Software
If you have disabled your iPhone for some reason, for example, physical damage, you may need another solution to recover your data from the disabled phone. We recommend trying Dr.Fone – iOS Unlock iPhone data recovery software. The program can help you to download the iCloud backup to your PC and restore iPhone data from iCloud Backup to PC or Mac. In addition to data recovery, it can also be used to backup disabled iPhone without iTunes. Now you can learn the detailed guide to fix disabled iPhone without iTunes.
- Step 1. Launch the iPhone data recovery tool on your computer (Mac or Windows), select Recover from iCloud backup, and then login with your Apple ID.
- Step 2. Select the iCloud backup you want to extract, click Scan to download it to your computer, and search for lost data.
- Step 3. After finishing the scanning process, you can choose the right type of files and then click on a file to preview the detailed information. Then choose those files you want to restore. Finally, click on the Recover button to save them to your computer.